Wednesday, June 14, 2006

How Come, How Long?

There's a saying that goes "Memories are like starlight, they go on forever." I think having memories of things and events in ur life, especially good ones, will help u to keep on going when life becomes a bitch. When things just dont seem to go ur way. When everything just turns out.. wrong. But can holding on to ur good memories together, helps keep a relationship going? How long can ur memories keep u together? How long can u keep reminding urself that u once had fun, and were happy in the relationship, so it's just the right thing to stick around, wishing that things mite take a turn, and bring u back to how u once were? Jeezzz.. sooo many questions, I know. I cant help but wonder. I keep telling people, even if u end a relationship, if it's meant to be, then fate will work its way and unite the 2 souls again. That is what my shallow mind thinks. Well, that's coming from me, a person who makes things to be just black and white. No complications, pls. Then someone dear to me said, "What if u just get used to not being together, that the pain eventually disappears?" Like, even if u love that person, u're bound to get used to idea that it has ended. Is the idea of being comfortable alone, scary? Is it scarier for someone whose relationship was long and serious? A relationship cant survive on love alone, much less memories.

"If I could recapture
All of the memories
And bring them to life
Surely I would
Hear the distant laughter
Wasnt it you and me
Surviving the night
You're fading out of my sight
Swiftly

You're vanishing
Drifting away
You're vanishing

I was so enraptured
No sensibility
To open my eyes
I misunderstood
Now you're fading faster
It's suddenly hard to see
You're taking the light
Letting the shadows inside
Swiftly"
-Vanishing, Mariah Carey

2 Comments:

Blogger p i j a d said...

hey...just came across ur blog..been there.....yerp...it sucks...

*sigh*

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

atiee hunny... hang in there okay? u know im here... if anything.... just drop me a line or an email.... take care rite?

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home