.shabby&slobby.
I was walking to work just now with cropped sweatpants, baggy hoodie, flip flops, and my essential huge ass tote. I had my hoodie up cos it was misty. I don't think it was raining. It was just, well, misty. I was aware that I was looking like such a slob but running around on campus, I fit just right in amongst the majority of similarly garbed students.
I'm not usually that big of a slob. I do make an effort although not too much. Over 3 years of being here, I kinda became less prissy, I guess. Less put together. I still can, of course, but I am generally more relaxed, appearance-wise. If I were to walk around in what I was wearing just now:
a) my parents would pretty much keep me inside the house unless they're unaware of what I have on,
b) the common people would prolly stare at me thinking I'm some homeless kid, little do they know, my entire outfit would set their bank balance off quite a bit,
c) the typical girls would bitch about me to their friends, their friends' friends, and so on, and
d) the boys would thank their lucky stars their GFs aren't like me.
So there. I have a month. To enjoy dressing up (or down) all shabby and not stand out like a blazing red zit on the tip of the nose. A month before I would be frowned upon by the trendy KLians if ever, god forbids, I decide to look a little more on the homeless side. A month.
Would you still walk around with me if I look like a slob? Would you? *blink blink*
I'm not usually that big of a slob. I do make an effort although not too much. Over 3 years of being here, I kinda became less prissy, I guess. Less put together. I still can, of course, but I am generally more relaxed, appearance-wise. If I were to walk around in what I was wearing just now:
a) my parents would pretty much keep me inside the house unless they're unaware of what I have on,
b) the common people would prolly stare at me thinking I'm some homeless kid, little do they know, my entire outfit would set their bank balance off quite a bit,
c) the typical girls would bitch about me to their friends, their friends' friends, and so on, and
d) the boys would thank their lucky stars their GFs aren't like me.
So there. I have a month. To enjoy dressing up (or down) all shabby and not stand out like a blazing red zit on the tip of the nose. A month before I would be frowned upon by the trendy KLians if ever, god forbids, I decide to look a little more on the homeless side. A month.
Would you still walk around with me if I look like a slob? Would you? *blink blink*


2 Comments:
it has never escaped my mind to wonder why KLites seemed to dress up, down or anything in between and still pull it off better than other people in the country. (KLites meaning people who reside in KL, not only on those who were bred and schooled as a citizen of KL). i always wonder with envy sometimes. i can connect with you about dressing whichever way you feel like,shabby or not. but somehow, it is much more a relief to know that KLite such as you would feel as plain as a kampung girl would. it brought justification of preppiness to a whole new perspective, for me.
celebrate freedom of personality,lets.
i will walk with you! coz i'm like queen of slob man..seriously.Ms Frumpy is what people call me now!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home