Thursday, November 20, 2008

.sebelaspersen.

"Although you may make plenty of money when you're young, you will only accumulate it in when you're middle aged."

I received this "fortune" on the back of the weighing machine stub.

Today, I received an email informing me that the EPF contribution will be cut to 8% instead of the current 11%. However, I do have the option of retaining the 11% contribution by doing some paperwork.

Not that I am highly superstitious or anything, especially considering that the "fortune" came out of a weighing machine that would happily announce to the whole supermarket if I am overweight. But I choose to take the "fortune" into account and retain the current contribution.

The way I look at it, if I am short of cash right now, at least I can ask from my parents. The difficulty of uttering the very words of "I need money" to my parents is a whole other issue though. So yeah, now I have my parents to rely on. 30 years down the line? No parents. I can only rely on my EPF cos who knows, I might end up with no kids or even husband.

So yeah. 11% it is then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home