Wednesday, July 22, 2009

. of my left arm.

0prah once said "Cut your losses." I am not going to go against her. I know it's possible no matter how hard and painful it is. The way I see it, it's like cutting my left arm. Yeah, my left arm.

I don't know how it is to lose the left arm but I figured right after you cut it, you'd be in tremendous pain. You know, with the fresh wound and all. You'd probably be crying your eyeballs off while dealing with the pain. It may take a while for the pain to subside. In my case, probably a whole lot of painkillers too, to numb the pain for a long time. When the wound is completely healed, life goes on as usual. Maybe a little awkward here and there at first because it'd take a whole lot of practice to rely completely on your right arm.

You can still eat. Wash yourself. Play sports. A lot of things only require one arm. With some modifications, you can even drive a car to work!

Then maybe one day you decide that "Hey, maybe I should get fitted for a prosthetic arm!" So you do that. Taddaaaaa! You now have BOTH arms. You can go have dinner at fancy restaurants and eat that juicy lamb chop properly with the utensils. You can play Gu1tar Her0 again and laugh aloud (irritatingly too!) when the virtual crowd on the screen boos you off the stage. You can be merry again with both arms.

But you know it's not the same. It's never going to be the same. It's just still going to be a substitute to your nice, old, flesh and bone left arm that got cut off no matter how awesome it may feel at times. When you look at both of your arms, you can see the obvious difference between the two. Tell me it won't struck a chord in you. Everytime you look into the mirror after you've removed the new arm, you may have to try hard to keep yourself from crying. Because the fact is, you've lost your left arm.

I love both my arms. I want to have both original arms to hold on to the safety grab bar when I'm scared shitless riding on rollercoasters. I want to clap my hands when I'm happy and excited. How am I supposed to hug you properly with only my right arm? I still have my left arm and I don't want to lose it.




p/s: now, just how would i do that without my left arm?

1 Comments:

Blogger shamaine said...

love you

nice photo..julie tetap dengan pose lidah dia...

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home