Wednesday, May 04, 2011

. c h i v a l r y .

As I was rushing to get back up to the office with my tapau-ed lunch, a random dude was getting out of the elevator. He saw me from the other end rushing and struggling to press the elevator button so I won't have to wait for the next elevator. He let his friends walked ahead of him, and held open the elevator door for me. Then proceeded to wait till I got in and pressed my floor button. He asked "you alright?" making sure I'm all set. All the while, a big genuine smile never leaving his face.

Now who says chivalry is dead? I am always glad to encounter such kind souls.
In this current world where everyone's always selfish and somehow always choosing to adhere to the saying "every man for himself," I find even the smallest of nice gestures refreshing.
I've always believed that no matter how horrible everything is around you, how ugly the world might seem sometimes, you don't have to stoop down to everybody's low levels and lose yourself.
Take care of the people around you, even when they don't do the same for you.
Even when some people say "you're too nice for your own good."
At the end of the day, you're only left with your morals.

2 Comments:

Blogger shamaine said...

cute tak?

1:39 PM  
Blogger ultimatecass said...

cute la jugak.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home